More airport security theatre.

Enough is enough. Salt Lake airport are about to install these millimetre-wave backscatter full body scanners. I just can't see the point - they're still going to make us take off our shoes, belts and coats and put our bags through the x-ray machine. Then they'll still randomly pat people down and make us walk through the metal detector too.

I'll use that machine if they let me walk in to it with my bag, dressed as I was when I arrived at the airport. If they can't do that, it's a pointless waste of technology, not to mention a gross invasion of privacy. Apart from anything else, they'll stop using them in 6 months' time because of the added delay. We had those puffer machines here for a while - those are all either broken or out of service now because of the time it took to use them and the delays it caused at the security line.

What irritates me more than anything is the people they get on TV to ask about this sort of stuff. "Well I suppose if it makes it safer for me to fly, it's OK I guess".
No - you're a bloody moron. It will do NOTHING to make it safer to fly. To believe for one second that x-raying our shoes, taking off belts, removing laptops from bags and handing in liquids in any way makes flying any safer is such a ridiculous notion that I have a hard time conceiving of anyone is still dumb enough to fall for it. For the love of all that I hold dear - STOP LIVING IN FEAR! It's truly pointless.

It's all for show - the TSA are a talentless bunch of idiots working for a for-profit organisation, who know nothing about security and everything about pissing people off and slowing down the airport process for no good reason.

Put your bag on the x-ray belt, with the laptop in it, and walk through the metal detector fully clothed. We need nothing more than that. Well - that and security staff who have a higher IQ than a trained rabbit.

Comments

Mystery Girl said…
Here's an idea - read this article and then ask President Obama to get rid of the TSA because they are a useless waste of space.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/25/mule.skinner.blues/index.html

still shaking my head after reading this!

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much