Hey Obama - WTF?

Ok I like Obama. I think he's doing a reasonable job given the scorched earth he was left with when Bush left. But today he did something I find bizarre and irritating at the same time - he's axed NASA's Constellation rocket program which was going to take us back to the moon. No more Ares, no more Orion. Instead he wants to get more commercial spaceflight enterprises involved. Which means private investment - which is good - but it also means fleets of highly overpaid lawyers. In other words, we're never going into space again.
I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to be regarded as progress :-(

Comments

Anonymous said…
Paul said…
I'm in two minds about this. Living in Houston we have been out to NASA several times and I enjoy it every time. The whole idea of going into space fascinates me both as an engineer and as Joe Public who looks up at the stars on a clear night.
But, it's a crap load of money to spend when there is so much going on down here on Earth. I'm talking about job creation etc.

Hmmm, not sure I have the answer...
Chris said…
Anonymous: well - being in England on business right now, I'll get a chance to test this on friday. I'm buggered if they're going to put me through one of those things. They can pat me down and thats it.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much