Wow. We went to the Virgin Megastore in town today - it's been here since October and it's the first time I've been in. They've got all the bland, insipid guitar-rock that's so popular in America, but they've also got a couple of racks of real music - all imported DJs from England and Europe - Solar Stone, Paul Oakenfold, Hybrid, Ferry Corsten. Anyway, 60 bucks later, here I am with the newest Ferry Corsten CD and the newest Euphoria albums. Sweet

Plus, they've got a great system in there to answer the argument of "why should I buy a CD if I can't listen to it first, and if I don't like it, you won't give me my money back" : they've got a good number of their stock MP3-ised in a scannable workstation. You take any CD to the listening post and scan the barcode. Chances are they've got it digitised, so you can listen to all the tracks first, before you buy it. 10 out of 10 to Virgin, and a big FUCK YOU to the RIAA. At least someone is doing something sensible to address the piracy issues in this case. Rather than just shooting off their mouths and suing everyone and everything for billions of dollars so they can line their own fat fucking pockets with gold, at the expense of the artist(e)s, DJs, and music-buying public. The RIAA is like an unsupervised 6 month old baby with an AK-47. Or to use another comparator : like a chinese fire drill.

At least now I can go and listen to stuff before I buy it. So stick that in your RIAA pipe and smoke it. Bastards. You're worse than telemarketers, and that's saying something....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much