No phone number? No sale.

We just got back from Gart sports where we bought some sporting gear (oddly enough). At the checkout, the girl asked for my phone number. I asked why they needed it and she said "the till requires it". So I said "no". Obviously this confused her because she needed to get her very old and extremely smelly supervisor over. Between the crooked teeth, veiny hands, yellow nails and nicotine-stained cheek, I managed to understand that because I wouldn't give my phone number, I wouldn't get the 30% saturday sale discount. I did briefly consider asking to see the manager, but in the end I just said "fair enough - I'll pay full price". That seemed to confuse them even more! "Sir - we can give you the 30% off if you just give us your phone number."
"No".
So I paid full price. Screw them. I'm not giving our phone number to a store for a 30% discount just so they can sell it to one of those spawn-of-satan telemarketing companies. I guess they think most consumers are stupid or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much