New R1200GS, or spiff up the R1150GS?

After an interesting morning at Motorcycle R&R in Midvale, I was left with a lingering question. Do I sort out the detonation, noise and heat problem in my R1150GS, or do I ditch it and move up to the lustworthy R1200GS?
Well to get all the problems sorted on the R1150GS is going to involve stripping the engine down and de-carbonising it, honing the cylinders and putting new piston rings in. $700 is steep, but not that much in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, I could trade-up to the newer bike, but that would cost me at least $5000 to do. Plus I'd lose the hard luggage and all the other bits I've done to my bike.

So in two weeks time, the Beemer is going in for some well-earned R&R. Hopefully when I get it back, it will be a transformed motor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much