Blammo. And I witness yet another accident.

Apparently one of my jobs in life is to be witness to car accidents. I've seen 4 since we moved to Utah and given statements to the police on all of them. Add one more today. We were on our way back from getting lunch and going north at the intersection of 2700S and 1300E the woman in the red minivan in front of us sailed through a red light and straight into the side of a white sedan, right in front of us. No brake lights, no slowing down. Just full tilt through the lights. I parked up and put my hazard lights on and went to see if the old guy in the car was okay. Fortunately he had side airbags so that saved him from mashing his head against the B pillar. The police, fire and ambulance turned up and I had to give a statement.
The woman was so ditzy it was unnerving. She actually said to me "I noticed the lights were red as I drove through them and thought 'why are the lights red?'"

?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!! What the FUCK woman? You noticed the lights were red as you drove through them? Do you not think looking where you were going might have prevented this accident?

Sadly this is just the way it is in Utah. Random, airheaded drivers who don't know how to drive, don't know where they are or where they're going. The worst are the women. I think Utah is the source of the "bad women drivers" stereotype, because whilst it generally is a stereotype, in Utah it's an absolute fact of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much