"High" gas prices vs. local elections.

I can tell I've lived in the US for too long - I've become used to cheap petrol. I now consider $2.50 a gallon to be expensive (compared to what I was paying in the UK which was about $7.00 a gallon). Bush keeps telling us there's nothing he can do about it, but this morning, he's announced there's going to be an investigation into price gouging, as well as a stop in dumping oil into the strategic oil reserve in an attempt to bring prices down. This is all part of the popularity contest for the upcoming midterm elections. Frankly I could care less what he does - as a green-card holder, I can vote at the local level. Lower gas prices won't make me vote for our local Republican. We're supposed to not associate a local GOP candidate with the party's abject failure in Washington. But that's simply not going to happen. People are going to vote Democrat simply to take over the house and senate so they can nix anything Bush tries to do and try to keep him in line until his time is up. That's certainly what I'm going to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much