New tyres on Nebo Loop

Wheeee. Got the new tyres fitted to the bike last night - I'm not travelling around on squared off jobs now. Brand new Avon Distanzias. What a difference - the bike actually turns again! I christened them today in on of our off-site motivational seminars (ie. bike rides). We did 200 miles from the office south down the west side of Utah lake, through Goshen Canyon and down to Nephi. We stopped for lunch there then did the Mount Nebo Loop to get back to Payson, then the long slog back up I-15 home. There was a crash on I-15 and every fibre of my being said "filter dammit!" but it's illegal here so we were stuck in hot traffic. True to form with my ability to witness accidents right in front of me, about 10 miles further on, the traffic slowed and five cars in front of me there was an eruption of smoke as some tosser in a Dodge Neon slammed into the side of a minivan. I couldn't be buggered to give a witness statement this time - too hot to stand around, so we went around the crash and carried on.
Pics courtesy of the shitty cellphone "camera".



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! What is that bike on third pic from top? Closest one to photographer? It`s shape looks very interesting since i`m looking for good off-road bike. I have wanted to own a bike since age 12 (25 now), but until now haven`t got one! All my expirience is riding a scooter but i have allways wanted to get off the tarmac throght some woods and mud... sweet! sorry dreemed away! Hoping for some biker comments! haris listboxatprolv
Chris said…
That's a Suzuki KLR 650 - good, strong off-road type bike. They've not changed the design in years which is a good indicator of it's robustness.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much