The dumb thoughts I have

I have a knack, from time to time, of thinking something so idiotic that it's worth telling people about just for the laugh. They're normally thoughts that zing into my head so quick I can't stop them, and for the most part, they're totally retarded when they happen.
The most recent was tonight, as I was approaching the front of an Autozone store. It's -14°C outside, and they had a stack of boxes of antifreeze and ice-melting washer fluid out front. Seems reasonable - put the product out front that is most likely to be needed today. But what did I think as I saw them there? "They ought to put those inside or they'll freeze."

Seriously.
The other three that come to mind from my recent past:
I was in a petrol station, filling up my new car, and being sensitive to all the new sounds and smells of a new car, I was alarmed to smell petrol, and despite standing there with my hand on the pump, I thought "Oh hell! Where's that smell of petrol coming from?"

Last year we ate at The Point, a fabulous cafeteria on top of the U of U hospital. As I was chewing on my lunch, I noticed the people around me and thought to myself "There's an unusual number of people wearing O.R. scrubs in here."

And finally, a few weeks back we had to stop in at Primary Children's Medical Centre to pick up some meds for a friend's kid. As we're walking towards the front door, I thought "Wow there's a lot of kids here."

Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much