Rewiring the roof.

Given that I didn't go skiing today I decided instead to spend the day up a ladder. Well what else would you do on a day when the high temperature was -12°C? It was for a purpose though - I decided to re-do the heater cable on the roof, this time using metal roofing screws to attach the cable clips. When I tried them just clipped on a couple of years ago, the snow pulled them all out when it avalanched off. I had to use a mini chef's torch to melt the mass of ice that had built up in the valley between the two roof pitches and one large *crack* later, two huge chunks of it broke off and shot down the roof towards me. Hopefully, with the way I've done the cables now, at least if we get another ice dam, there'll be a runoff underneath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much