That's right. I'd forgotten - England is broken.

"I know", I thought, "I'll just book a rental car for when we're in England."
Or not.
At least not with Avis and not today. Four times I tried on their UK site, and four times a "technical error" prevented the booking from going through. I really want to book this because they offer a 'guaranteed model' where you can reserve a specific car. In this case a 1.9TDI Audi A4. So I called my credit card company - that's normally the culprit. Nope - they approved it each time Avis requested it. So I called Avis. Well. I would have done except that all but one of their 24 hour numbers don't work from overseas, and the one that did was closed. And I quote : "Thank you for calling the Avis 24 hour reservations centre. Our office is now closed.". So then I tried the US site, which didn't accept the UK login, and which doesn't offer the guaranteed model 'select series' options.
You know, this really isn't that difficult. Amazon cracked the problem of a universal login ages ago. And for the most part, when a company says '24 hours' for a phone number, they don't mean 'when it's daylight in our part of the world.'

I'll try again tomorrow.
Apparently Avis aren't trying that hard despite their slogan, but I'm fucked if I'm going to give Hertz any more of my money after the last fiasco I had with them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you try sixt?
http://www.sixt.co.uk/

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much