Why can't the Americans use the 24hr clock?

It's bloody annoying, especially when you're trying to set an unfamiliar clock radio in a hotel room. You know the type - the 12-hour clock with the little hidden dot that tells you the time is "PM". I dutifully and very carefully checked last night as I set the alarm, that the "PM" dot wasn't lit. It wasn't, which meant that I'd correctly set the alarm for 7:00 this morning.
At 9:30 this morning, as I was woken by the road construction outside my window, I checked the clock and the "PM" light was on. The bastard clock was 12 hours out! So even though I'd set the alarm for 7am, the clock last night was set to "AM" when I set it - ie with no "PM" light. Or something. I can't figure the bloody thing out. So this morning, the clock now thought it was 7pm which is why the alarm didn't go off.
Christ it would be so much easier to just use the 24 hour clock! It's really not that difficult. 7:00 means 7 in the morning and 19:00 means 7 in the evening.
Instead we're faced with 7:00 which could be any time of day as far as I can figure out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much