Why is everything designed to be user hostile nowadays?

You'd think that making a photocopy would be a relatively simple task. Put the original on the glass, close the lid, press "go". Well - that took 5 minutes. First I was in the wrong "application path". Then the document scanner, which can tell what size document is on the glass and even if it's text or pictures, couldn't FIND the document when it was put in the wrong place. (Every copier in the world has it's origin in the top-left corner of the glass - apparently ours are the top-right). Finally it copied. A victory. Then I went looking for a fax machine. Oh - that's right - we apparently got rid of those and the copiers are now the fax machines. So now I have to deal with my nemesis again. This time I have to put in a username and password, then a phone number which might or might not need '9' for the outside line. Then I need to tell it how many pages, what the document is in response to, which template I want, what resolution I want and dozens of other, completely irrelevant questions. After which it eats my 2 page document and then tells me to logout. No dialling, no confirmation, and after a phonecall to the supposed recipient, I discovered no actual fax sent.
So our multifunction fax, copier, printer and scanner apparently can't fax, won't copy without being hand-led through the whole process, can't print on anything other than letter sized paper, and scans documents into oblivion.
Apparently this is progress.
I've given up - I'm going to drive to the place I was trying to fax the document to because it will be quicker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much