Bloody Republicans - they practice the very things they claim to stand against.

There's a huge problem in America at the moment with some of the Republicans - they're effectively practicing the very things they claim to stand against. The conservatives are all about freedom of speech and freedom of this and freedom of that, yet when Obama wanted to speak to kids in schools this week, to encourage them to do well and succeed, it caused an enormously blown-out-of-proportion debate that resulted in tens of thousands of Republican families and schools across the country deciding that they didn't want their children to listen to the president. They were, in effect, filtering and censoring.
Isn't that exactly what North Korea, Iran and China do? And all those other countries we're told are "bad"? Cutting off the internet, blocking western transmissions? Now we've got parents who are making those exact same decisions on behalf of their kids - blocking them from being able to listen to what their President has to day? Censoring him? Some families have lost the plot so completely that it's farcical. Our local news channel was interviewing a woman outside a school about this and she was in floods of tears, and said "I'm sorry - I'm just thinking of my children being forced to listen to that in their school - it's horrible."

W - T - F ?

Seriously - you don't want the PRESIDENT OF YOUR COUNTRY to instill basic school values and work ethics in your children?

Those Republicans who were involved in this farce need to try supporting America in general instead of trying to look after themselves.

Comments

Mystery Girl said…
Yeah I wanted to give the snivelling cow a backhander across the face and the advice 'grow up' Mind you I'd love to see the republican rebuttal to Obama's education speech. Given the fact that they are against everything he's for, it would run something like this. Don't bother learning a thing, drop out before you graduate, money grows on trees and oh yes kids don't forget you're bankrupting this country and contributing to social ruin.
Paul said…
I know exactly what you mean. I have the joy (and I do mean that) of living in Texas. Home of George, it's not rocket surgery, Bush. All I heard about it was how they were going to keep their kids at home that day.
When I asked about the health reform speech last night all I got was "I listened to the first 5 minutes and switched it off in disgust". Some of these people are so closed minded that it really is pointless try to discuss it with them.
And I don't even bother to raise the subject of 911... some of them have handguns!!!
Chris said…
These are the same people who don't see any point in science, or NASA, or returning to the moon. The same people who wouldn't be here if Columbus had woken up that morning and said "Nah - I don't think I'll sail to the west, I think I'll stay at home."
Why are they so afraid of change or doing something new? Because that's what it is - they're afraid. Terribly scared of everything and everyone, when in fact there is very little to be scared of. These are most likely the same people who believed "Fool me twice" Bush when he told them Iraq could attack America with 90 minutes notice.
Eessh. Just typing this is making me angry.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much