Dropbox

I had a colleague recommend an app to me today which is so amazingly useful I just know it's going to solve some of the irksome problems I have trying to keep files on two laptops and three PCs in sync. It's called DropBox and basically you sign up for a free account (or a paid one if you need more than 2Gb) and then install a small app on each machine (PC or Mac) that you own. It creates a folder which is then synchronised across all the machines. Drop a file on it on my PC, it's now available on my laptop, and vice versa. It has one-click link sharing too which is awesome. So if I have a picture on my PC I want someone to see, I drop it in my dropbox folder, right-click and select "copy public link" then email the link. Simple.
So simple that it's just the sort of thing I'd become a huge fan of only to see it taken over and ruined by Microsoft. Lets hope that doesn't happen.
Ok so it's cloud storage - ie. don't trust anything valuable to it - but even so. If you're reading this and thinking - "hey - I could use that" - drop me a line and I'll give you a referral code. You'll get a little extra space on the free account by signing up with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much