Why do companies use voice recognition on their phone lines?

I'll never understand why companies feel the need to use automated voice recognition on their phone lines. It doesn't work and all it does is piss off the caller. And with sites like gethuman.com, it's easier than ever to find the instant way around these stupid systems and speak to an actual human being. The airline ones are the worst - seconded only by bank ones.

computer : "State the city of departure"
me : "Dallas"
computer : "I heard Amsterdam - is that correct?"
me : "no"
computer : "Would you like flights arriving or departing from Amsterdam?"
me (stabbing 0 repeatedly) : "operator operator OPERATOR!!!!!!"
computer : "Okay. Now tell me the flight number that is arriving at Amsterdam"
me : " ? "

The only thing that would improve gethuman.com is getenglishhuman.com that would tell you how to speak to someone in the same country as you instead of a robot with a script in a call center in Bombay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much