Sleuth, hunt, dig, search - bingo!

I'll be damned. A Piece of music I've been looking for for nearly two years finally popped up today. I hit the right search terms and headed off into dicey .ru domains. I ended up on filestube.com - I'm sure a totally legit site (!) and there it was - John 00 Fleming vs The Digital Blonde - Nine Inch Nails Dub mix.
Bugger me sideways with a splintered bargepole. Not only did it link to a working download but the resulting file was free of malware and viruses (a direct MP3 download) and it was encoded at 320kbps.
So why is this amazing? Well I've been hunting for this particular bootleg since late 2008 - it was never officially released by JOOF (John 00 Fleming's) label because it was a bootleg. Every couple of months I hit google for a couple of hours trying to track down a copy and tonight I hit paydirt. I'd quite happily pay for this but it's not on iTunes, DJDownload, Beatport or any of the other regular outlets. Tick that box - another gap in my collection has been filled.
For the sake of completeness, in case this blog entry turns up whilst anyone else is looking for the same thing, here's where I found it in the end:
John 00 Fleming vs The Digital Blonde - Nine Inch Nails Dub mix. That links ultimately to this: link and you can pick up the file from either place. Hate to be a music pirate but sometimes you have no other option.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Chris,

I use this little piece of software that's perfect for exactly this situation. It's called Songr. You might wanna check it out.

Cheers,
Felipe
Chris said…
Good tip - I'll take a look.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much