This is pretty amazing. A girl doing a school project sent a chain email out to track how far and how quick it would spread on the internet. She's getting an email ever 2.3 seconds now. I Can't find her site but apparently they're putting up a database of all the responses, from as far as the north pole, the south pole and many navy ships in between. Here's her original message:
Hi: I am Shannon Syfrett a 9th grade student at Central Academy (Mississippi). I am working on a project for my 2003 Science Fair to be held February 25th, 2003.

I am trying to see where, and how fast e-mail can travel in a period of six weeks. I am keeping track of how many e-mails I get back, and what cities, states, and countries they are coming from. I am hoping that you will be willing to help me with my project!

There are only 2 simple steps that will help me to track this email:

1. Please send an e-mail to the following address: howfastorfar2003@aol.com In the subject of the e-mail please include your city, state, and country. You do not need to include your name. Please respond only one time.

2. Please forward this e-mail to everyone on your mailing list. I will be keeping track of the number of responses, as well as the locations. Therefore, send them even to people in the same town.

In my science project, I am trying to demonstrate how fast and how far information can travel on the Internet in a six week period. If you receive this e-mail after February 23, 2003 please disregard it, since the project will be over.

Thank you VERY much for your help!
Shannon Syfrett


Fab. So get to it people - send her email!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much