Legal downloadable music stores still not getting it.

So we're watching "I Love the 90s part deux" on VH1 at the moment, and I decided it would be neat to get hold of a copy of 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny" after it was featured a couple of nights ago.
First stop, the VH-1 website. They only have the whole album for $14. No thanks. Next stop iTunes. They don't have it at all. Next stop Napster. They have it but you need to put their spyware on your PC and cough up $9.95 to subscribe before they'll let you grab the tune for 99¢
Moving on to mp3.com - littered with pops and adverts (thank God for Adblock and Firefox!). Eventually they link to RealPlayer. Follow the link and again you need their proprietary piece of spyware installed, but now it's $14.95 before you can download the track for $1.50.
ezmp3s.com - nice site but it forces your browser full-screen and forcibly tries to install its own software without you knowing. Again thank God for Firefox. If I'd been using InternetExplorer, no doubt my machine would be on it's knees by know riddled with worms and virii.
AllCoolMusic.com - crappy selection. Audiogalaxy.com - popups, banner adverts, and you need to register before you can even search so I don't know if they've got anything.

So having tried all the legal routes, and having failed, I shall now revert to the illegal method. Until these boffins get it right, pay-per-song downloadable music is never going to work. They put all these barriers in the way of you getting what you want, so what do they expect us to do? Force people away with crappy selections and spyware, and of course they're going to download illegally. What I want is to be able to go to a site, paypal 99cent; to them and get an MP3 back that I can do what I want with. I don't want spyware, logins, accounts, subscriptions, digital rights management and all the other shite that prevents you getting what you want. I just want the God Damned Frickin' music!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Exactly! I can't do anything illegal on this computer, cause it's not mine. And I can't find a safe site to do something legal! And all this copyright sh!t, if we are paying, we should be allowed to download. They(government) need to create a reputable site that contains the copyright dates of every singer/song. Then make downloads available for a small fee on that site.
Anonymous said…
I am the same anonymous as before, and would just like to suggest Filetopia! No spyware, no adware, no maleware, no of that sh!t. The reason it is not heard of is because there are not many users. So, sign up, become a member! I am in no way connected w/ them, so i am not an advertiser, just a satisfied customer! The best legal downloadable music store!

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much