134mph, touching down, and bitter cold.

We're back. The rides this weekend were great. The weather was much colder than last time around - obviously. Friday's ride was down to Escalante over Hell's Backbone, then off to Panguitch through Red Canyon and back. There was a great long stretch of newly resurfaced road somewhere out in the boonies where we did some speed testing. My GPS showed a max speed of 134mph. Sweet.
Coming over Boulder mountain on the way back we had to contend with 50mph side winds from the oncoming storm, which made some of the corners interesting. However, I discovered that apparently I do have the speed, stones and skill to get my Tiger all the way over, as I touched a toe down in a long sweeping right-hander on the way back. Scared the crap out of me - I had no idea I had it in me :-)
Saturday morning we took off down route 72 and then were going to do Fish Lake. We got to the turnoff and looked at the mountain ahead only to see it covered in clouds dumping snow and rain. Brett and and pretty much said 'fuck it' and went back to the cabin whilst Mark, Mike and Scott took off towards the storm. 10 minutes after we got back to the cabin, they pulled in - they didn't get that far before they got caught in the weather. So saturday afternoon was a bust - snow, hail, rain and wind. Because of that, I decided to ride back sunday morning instead of trailering the bike back as I'd originally intended. Mark, Brett and I took off about 9:30 and it just got colder and colder. We stopped for breakfast in Salina and Mark happily announced that it had been -1°C as we came over a couple of the passes, which explained why it felt so cold. The rest of the ride home was a bit warmer but not much.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much