Batten the hatches - I'm upgrading!

Aaaaarr mateys. Batten down the hatches and secure your ears. This weekend will be filled with excitement, frustration and swearing as I upgrade my PC's internal hardware for the first time in over 2 years. New motherboard, new memory, new graphics card, new hard drive, new processor. Why? The new Quad-core CPUs just came out so the dual-core ones are dirt cheap. Memory is at rock bottom prices and I picked up a sweet deal on an Nvidia 8600GT.

I know it ought to be simple but history has taught me that it rarely is, complicated by the fact that this time I need to clone my old IDE drive on to a brand spanking new SATA unit.

All the goodies should be here on friday. Wish me luck !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much