Mmmm. Dual-core hotness.

It took about 6 hours yesterday, but today, I'm running on my new PC. The most difficult part was imaging the old master IDE drive to the new master SATA drive, because I wasn't prepared to do a fresh Winblows install. The image went OK but then it wouldn't boot, so Jacob helped me through the recovery console to the fixboot and fixmbr commands. Then it booted but wouldn't quite load into Winblows so I ended up having to do a repair install. That worked quite well, and most of the rest of the time was taken up with Winblows Update bringing everything back up to speed.
So now I have a dual-core 3Gb AMD 6000+ processor with 2Gb of RAM and a shiny new Nvidia 8600GT PCIx16 card.
Sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much