I'll lose a finger yet...

I finally got all the refund from Black & Decker for my tablesaw fiasco, coincidentally in the same month Consumer Reports did a report on - tablesaws.
Report in-hand, I trotted off to Acme Big Orange Box store and wouldn't you know it, they were having a sale. So for $30 off, I bought a new Ryobi tablesaw - one on a wheeled stand that locks up and down. I was well chuffed when I opened the box - apart from the wheels, it was all pre-assembled, not like the three hours I spent with screwdrivers and spanners on the Black & Decker one. I checked all the blade alignments and it was perfect in every direction right out of the box. The build quality seems much better than the B&D too which was a surprise. I had this preconceived notion that Ryobi was a 'cheap' brand. Apparently not. Well - not so much.

Still. I'm off to Singapore on thursday so I won't get a chance to visit the emergency room for another week or so....

Comments

Mark N. said…
OK, I saw this today and thought you should go get this saw to save those precious Multigen fingers of yours...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGiYlyo2-eQ&eurl=

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much