The (relatively) cheap cost of spare BMW parts.

Bracing for the worst, I called Accolade (formerly BMW Of Salt Lake) to find out how much a new headlight would cost me. The answer - $149. I asked if they could come down on the price at all and was told "That's simply the price of owning a BMW. You won't find these sort of parts cheaper anywhere else, so no, we can't discount it any."

Oh really?

One quick internet forum post later and I discovered Chicago BMW do a roaring spares service at 20% off MSRP. For $92 including shipping, they sold me a new light. It'll take a while to get here but I don't mind.

Which leads to an interesting question. The light from them was $86 with the discount which means it must be around $103 MSRP. So Accolade are putting a 50% markup on their spares! I guess the new management hasn't helped their situation much then. They're still a bunch of crooks as far as I can tell, and their phone manner certainly hasn't improved. I felt like calling them back and telling them about Chicago BMW but honestly I just can't be bothered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much