Phew. The end of Computer Hell.
I got an upgraded PC from IT yesterday. You forget after you've been using a PC for a long time just how many hacks, tweaks, apps and other little things you have running on it to make it behave more like a useful piece of kit than the nannying "you can't do that" that Bill Gates wants.
It took me 30 minutes just to get Outlook 2003 (with it's Tellytubbies interface) to realise that I did actually want my contacts to be searched before the global address list. No matter how much it insisted that I didn't, I really did. In the end, I had to hack the registry to make it bend to my will.
Repeat that experience for all the other things in XP that don't work, and you realise why it's taken me until 5 minutes ago to have a working PC again :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much