Why p2p sharing is A Good Thing

I found a great argument for P2P file sharing last night, as if we didn't already have hundreds of good arguments.
Paula's PC was on its last legs - well the hard drive was. It wouldn't boot. Took it out and popped it on its side and it booted. A reprive. So I decided to clone the drive and there were two options. Norton Ghost, and Powerquest Driveimage. A guy at work gave me his copy of Driveimage and I p2p'd a copy of Ghost.
Connected up a second drive and Ghost'd it - no joy. It copied inside windows (how can it do the protected files then?) and the new drive did a sort of half-boot. Norton claim that Ghost can replicate system drives for if you want to upgrade to a larger drive.
Hmm.
So I tried it again. No joy. So I tried Driveimage - took three times as long and did it all outside Windows, and it worked perfectly first time.
So why is this a good argument for p2p file sharing ? Well if I'd bought Norton, I'd be $39 out of pocket with no chance of a refund, and still not have a working PC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much