The Pope has snuffed it.

After days if not weeks of inevitable deterioration in health, the Pope finally made his final journey last night. Rome is bracing itself for the biggest influx of pilgrims in living history.
Not that I'm big into any organised religion (its insidious), but John Paul II is the only Pope I've ever known. Since he came to my attention during a trip to Holland when I was really young, right up to this day.
The TV stations have all rushed out their retrospectives, life-ofs, histories and documentaries of course. That must be a morbid job, re-editting those things and keeping them on the back burner for the day they're needed.

To quote Max Headroom from The Art Of Noise's 'Paranoimia' : "On drums - the Pope!"

For the curious, here's Max's lines from the remix.

Is it me or is the band getting bigger?
Ok.
On trumpet, Peter Bartell (don't I ever get a rest between bars?)
On Drums.... The Pope!
On baselines, Martina Navra, narv, naver.....er....God I wish she would get married.
And on mike, the lovely Cher.
Thank you. I'll take over now
Let's have a little taste of that old computer-generated swagger.
Yes. Swagger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much