Oh shit - wrong colour!

I got home tonight to find a huge amount of the painting downstairs done. The thing was that the paint was drying a different sheen and a different colour to that already on the walls near the stairs. Tres weird. Once dry, it had a matt finish and a creamy yellow tint. We put it down to being older paint and left it at that, until I left for the evening. As I was locking up, I looked at the siding on the house. Crapola! That was the same damn paint we now had on the inside!
Problem was that when we bought the house, there were two giant tubs of paint left - light and dark. The dark is the stuff upside and the light, I'd assumed, is the stuff downstairs. Only the light stuff is what's on the outside of the house. So I went digging in the basement and found a tiny can of paint with a smear on the outside that looked the same as what was on the walls. Turns out the colours are close - really really close. Like about 2% off in the CMYK spectrum. The real kicker was the sheen. So tomorrow I'll be going down to Kwal-Paint to get 5 gallons of the stuff made up so I can re-do the walls that have already been done. Fortunately, two of the rooms are still at primer stage so they don't need repainting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope tries the just-out-of-the-shower look.

Next up : the oxygen surcharge.

Jennifer Wilbanks - crazy-eyed cracker.