Things you see at Albertsons

I nearly got into a fight last night. As I was walking into Albertsons, our local supermarket, this guy in a huge black Chevy somethingorother drifted across in front of me and parked right across the doors to the store on the 'no parking' area. As he got out, I couldn't stop myself, and I said "which part of no parking didn't you understand?" Apparently he took offence because he then spent a considerable amount of time trying to defend himself. He told me he was just going in for a coffee, so I said "why don't you just go and park properly first then?". Then he accused me of being an SUV-hater, at which point I flipped out my keyfob and blipped the alarm on my Element to show him I had an SUV but was perfectly capable of parking it. In the end, I pointed out that not only had he blocked me going into the store, but he'd blocked two people coming out with shopping carts too, and that perhaps if he used his eyes or brain in future, he wouldn't have to put up with people telling him what a dickhead he is. He really didn't like that at all, and got back in his giant black phallic symbol and screeched out of the parking lot nearly running over one of the Albertson's staff on the way, whilst kerbing one of his terribly expensive chrome spinners at the same time.
What a tool.

This follows on from last week when I saw a similar thing only with a giant old American Land Yacht. I was going to say something until I saw the owner come out of the store. Easily in his late 90's, he scanned the parking lot with his coke-bottle-bottom glasses and then saw his car double-parked right next to him. He then felt his way along the hood, shuffling sideways until he got to the driver's side door. He then felt his way along the door trying to find the handle, opened it, and spent a good minute trying to lower himself into the seat. At this point, his spritely 80-something year old wife came around and lifted his legs into the car for him before returning to the passenger seat. He fumbled around for a moment trying to find the steering wheel and gearshift, then took off over two kerbs and a grass divide in to a gentle drift down the wrong side of the road down 21st south.

I don't care about civil liberties, and human rights, and 'freedom' and all the other bollocks that Americans hold so dear but don't understand; if you can't see the fucking car, you sure as hell should not be driving it ! Driving is a priveledge, not a right. As a nearly blind 90-something-year-old, that guy has no right to drive a car. He could run over 20 people and never even know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much