Crapware

In the last couple of weeks I've bought a couple of new games for my PS3, both of which have been a massive letdown. Gran Turismo 5 - hailed as the saviour of the PS3, the pinnacle of driving games, turns out to be a prettier-looking Gran Turismo 2. Like 3 and 4 before it, the AI is box-of-rocks stupid and there's no crash damage. Well - there sort of is but it's so slight that it's useless. You can just ram other cars off the road and ride the crash barrier around long corners and always win - with no penalty. No damage to your car either visibly or mechanically. So I put that up for re-sale on Amazon a couple of days ago and it sold within 45 minutes of me listing it.
The other game is the latest Call Of Duty title - Black Ops. Or Boll-Ocks as it's rapidly becoming known. This is a complete joke. The single player game is 5 hours long at best, and the multiplayer is plagued with so many crashes, bugs and connection errors that it's essentially useless. I've just listed that on Amazon and fully expect it to be gone within the hour too.
This year seems to have been the year of crapware in terms of big game titles, with the pointlessly stupid Xbox Kinect being the cherry on the crapware cake.
If you're interested in my reviews of GT5 and Call Of Duty : Boll-Ocks, they're here:
Black Ops
Gran Turismo 5

Comments

Paul said…
I'd have to say that you're in the minority there Chris. I'm not a gamer myself but I know several people who are (both adults and under 21's) and CoD SO seems to get an almost across the board thumbs up.
Chris said…
Yeah I know. It seems about 50 50 around here. The connection problems seem limited to the PS3 version. It's been universally panned for that on Amazon reviews and that was the dealbreaker for me.
Anonymous said…
Go get yourself Battlefield Bad Company 2 and you wont be disappointed. COD is for 12 year old kids.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much