When I unsubscribe, it means unsubscribe.

Recently, moveon.org has started spamming my mailbox with "newsletters" sometimes as many as four a day. So today I went to their 'unsubscribe' page and took my email off the list. Fixed. Sort of. This afternoon I received two "please don't go" emails from moveon.org telling me to re-subscribe, or confirm that I really had intended to unsubscribe.
It's this sort of crap that gives online presences a bad name. I'm quite happy to support moveon.org for the most part but when they start spamming my mailbox even after I've left their mailing list, that's when my support for them evaporates. Same is true for any online system that sends me newsletters or emails. I'm quite OK with them arriving at the predetermined interval but when that goes from once a week, to once a day, to multiple times a day, that's when it is time to draw the line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much