Bloody imperial system!

Why do England and America insist on clinging to an outdated system of weights and measures that makes no sense?
This weekend I had to get some strong weed killer for some spurge in our garden. I got a hand pump sprayer and a bottle of the stuff. The instructions told me to use 2 fl.oz or 1 tbps per gallon, and the hand pump sprayer had markings up to 24oz. on it. So I'm stuck with three different measures and trying to figure out how much of this stuff I needed in a 24 oz. sprayer. I had to convert everything to metric to figure it out and when I did, it was so simple : 10ml for every 750ml of water. Or a 1:75 ratio.
Why couldn't they just say that on the instructions. Give me the ratio, or give it me in simple metric volumes. Don't throw out gallons, ounces, fluid ounces and tablespoons and expect me to be able to figure that out. Imperial weights and measures don't make and sense - they never have. They're inconsistent from one measure to the next - some things divide by 6, some by 12, some by 14, and some by 24. Just use the damned metric system would you? Everyone's been tought it since the early 70s!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much