A long and full weekend.

Well that was fun. The first of my alternative fridays off made for a three-day weekend. I collected my season pass for Solitude on friday, sort of fixed the PC (maybe) on saturday, and today went for an awesome bike ride with Mike starting at Mount Nebo Loop (again) and this time going south and east from there via Moroni, Mount Pleasant and Fairview to have lunch in Huntington. My GPS ran out of datapoints the ride was so long, but I know it was 265 miles and we peaked at 9,970ft. SR31 down to Huntington was just incredible - the sort of road full of sweeping turns I've only ever read about in bike magazines. For one section I think we went for a good 10 or 12 miles without a single straight section. All turns, all the way. Sweet.
The return route went up through Price and Helper then took in a bit of highway 6 before going off down through Scofield state park to get back to Fairview. From there we slogged it up SR89 and highway 6 back to Payson. If you've got Google Earth, this is a kmz file with the route in it: Sunday Ride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much