Big head

Ski helmets - I apparently have the same problem with them as I do with motorbike helmets. In short : my head is too big for the average helmet. We trawled around REI, Garts and Dick's before ending up at Sports Den in Foothill Village. Fortunately the bloke I spoke to there is also afflicted with a large bonce and he immediately recommended a 2007 model helmet with an adjustable lining. It looked promising - it was the first one I tried all day that actually fit. At $200 though it was more than I was looking to spend. We came down a little and I ended up with a Giro X10 XXL which fits a damn site better than the Giro9 XXL. Apparently Giro have no consistency in their sizes. Of course getting a helmet meant getting a new pair of goggles too so that it all fit together properly. Ho hum.
The most interesting place was Dick's who told me they only did children's helmets. Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much