1:30 am saturday morning, and I'm in Singapore

Wow that was quite the series of flights. I left the house at 7am on thursday morning, SLC time. 26 hours and change in total travel time. It was made easier by the fact that I was in business class and I know that sounds like blowing my own trumpet, but after 17 years of working in the same job, 10 of them in the same company, it's about bloody time I got to fly business class somewhere. So I've popped my business-class cherry. Only took me 38 years.

The hotel is amazing. At least what I can see of it in the dark is, anyway. Hopefully I can hook up with the others in the morning and get going.

Oh - one last thing. You could have knocked me down with a feather. As I was standing in the line at the lost luggage office (my normal MO now) watching the conveyor, my bloody suitcase appeared! If I'd had a drink with me I'd have done a spit-take. That's the first time in 3 - nearly 4 years - that my luggage has actually got to the same place as me on the same day as me on the same flight as me. It was such a strange experience I wasn't quite sure what to do. I'm so used to having (ruined) luggage delivered to me by courier 3 days late it felt really odd actually taking my own suitcase out of my destination airport with me.

So - plane, business class in the hump, sunset on the approach to Honkers.
I'm going to bed now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much