FFoW

We had dinner at the Monkey Bar last night - a great little local haunt marred only slightly by being on the ground floor of the not-so-famous Four Floors of Whores. That's not the place's real name, but it's what everyone knows it by. It was interesting watching relatively hot girls coming out and accompanying their "customers" to one of the five very handily placed ATMs for easy payment. At one point in the evening about 30 of them all appeared at once from round behind a parking garage and Darren idly said 'must be the hosing-off area'. The conversation went downhill from there.
Another noon-to-midnight shift today. The CAA surprised everyone by starting on the visual system two days early meaning there was some frantic model manipulation going on behind the scenes that I thought I was going to have time to do tomorrow.
Still - the late-ish start gave me another couple of hours off this morning so I went to visit Simlim Square. It's sort of like Akihabara only in Singapore. 6 floors of electronics retailers covering 390,000 square feet (or S$1.59bn-worth of real estate in Singapore dollars). Everything from the tiniest memory stick (8Gb for $80) up to the largest (and I mean largest) plasma screen I've ever seen anywhere. Imagine Best Buy, only with twice the floorspace, and then stacked 6 floors deep. This photo is a view of a quarter of the central core. The camera couldn't fit a whole half-view in, nor could it get the basement or the top two floors. Or the outer ring of shops.
I've got another 12-12 tomorrow so I think I'm going to go and see if I can get "JK" to knock off some more from the price of a brand new Nokia phone he was trying to flog me this morning.

Comments

Mark N. said…
Share the love! If you have the opportunity I could use an 8GB Sony Duo stick for my PSP...especially for 80 bucks. Glad things are going well and I bid you additional good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much