Harley riders : all cocks.

Last weekend we went for a ride down to the new Harley dealership about an hour from where we live. The weather was brisk but not too bad, and we figured we'd be the only motorcyclists out. Not one of us was riding a Harley, and previous experience has told me to steer clear of Harley riders. But we went anyway and had a look at the place. Great architecture - made of parts of the old steel works. There was a cafe inside too called Marley's that did some great food. I was beginning to overcome my bias against HD riders but then it came time to leave. As I was putting my helmet on, one of the dealer sales guys pulls up on some 1920's technology masquerading as a new bike, and parked perpendicular across the back of me so I couldn't back out of the parking space. I looked at him and asked him to move the bike and he refused. In the end I had to do a 38-point turn to get my bike out. One of the other guys I was riding with was so incensed I think he was about to come over and kick the crap out of the Harley guy. But sadly it's the Harley stereotype and it's totally true : they're all complete cocks. From the ones who told me I couldn't park outside an eatery because the parking was for Harleys only, to the ones who got all bent out of shape when we overtook them on a mountain pass and filled a gap in their line ("Dude - don't EVER break a Harley line"). To this sales douche who parked across the back of me.
I don't know if those bikes attract a certain personality disorder, or whether the owners and riders behave like that because they think they have to. Either way, we won't be going back to that place, not even for the food, which was actually pretty good. Shame about the people. But what do you expect from Hardly Ableson riders?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much