Following the speedy German

I just got back from our annual autumn mini tour of southern Utah on the motorbikes with my friends. This year was a good one - it was cut short by the weather today but the ride yesterday was one I'll remember for a good long time. There were six of us altogether - there should have been seven but due to a brake system fault that threw one of our riders off a 20mph less than 100m from her hotel, we were down one person. The bike can be fixed - the important thing is that she was OK. One of the riders was Walter - a new guy to the group who trailered his bikes in from California to meet us in Torrey. We'd all been told that he was the sort of rider who didn't slow down for anyone and by golly that's putting it mildly. He wrung the neck of his Kawsaki Versys like no rider I've ever seen. Litre-bikes and Ducatis were having trouble keeping up with him, but keep up we did. I was ultra pleased with my own performance. The new, lighter me plus a heavy sprinkling of over confidence meant I kept up with the fastest of them for the first time in all these group rides. My Tiger performed flawlessly and the new exhaust note from the Remus Powercone was lovely. The 80 minute ride from Hite overlook to the Lake Powell ferry was one of the fastest, most proficient rides I've ever taken part in. We were so in-sync with each other, so well grouped and so in the groove that it looked like a made-for-Hollywood motorbike scene. It was bloody fantastic. Even our youngest member - Geoff - who was returning to riding after two years was getting his confidence back and enjoying it.
A good time was had by all - lots of joking and telling tall tales, good food and quality time spent with friends made for an awesome autumn weekend away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Epic - the events that lifelong memories are made of. I'm guessing that everyone on the ride will expect this to be a yearly event. All the better, 'cause it don't get any better!

Rhino

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much