It warms my heart

I went downtown today to find our new Fiat dealer, and holy crap! They
have all the Fiat500 variants in all the colours. It was lovely to see
rows of these little beauties sitting there waiting for new owners. I
spoke to the manager and he said they've been open for two weeks and
have sold twelve cars with four others on special order already. Ok
twelve doesn't sound like a lot but for a new dealership selling
European cars in the US, that's a fantastic start. Interestingly it
looks like the Abarth version is coming to the US in Q4 this year with
a new 170hp engine - more powerful than the Euro Abarth. Nice. I sat
in the Sport version and these things are loaded from the factory.
Bluetooth, satellite radio, heated everything, seven airbags, leather.
The list goes on. Even the most basic model will embarrass most US
cars now. I can see this competing directly with the new Ford Fiesta
over here which is similarly priced and loaded.
Mmmmmm. Dammit. We don't need (and can't afford) a new car right now :-(

Comments

Paul said…
Hmmm, to be honest they look like a POS to me. A car can be optioned to the roof but if they look like crap, then they are crap.
Just my opinion... and before you ask, no, I'm not an american.

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much