Cellphone spam - got it fixed.

I received an SMS on my phone today and thinking it would be from Ray & Marie with news about the baby, I opened it. Turns out it was spam offering me free software, a huge penis or nigerian cash - can't remember which. Given that I have to pay for incoming SMS messages (when will the US service providers learn?) I figured I'd better nip this in the bud before it became a problem.
The problem is that you can email a t-mobile phone by using the number and a unique email address on the t-mobile servers. Spammers can simply set their systems to generate random phone numbers and off they go.
Fortunately, with t-mobile, I discovered I was able to set up an alias for my phone and then block anything not sent to that alias. In other words, anyone trying to spam myphonenumber@tmobiles-email-server will get nowhere, and I won't end up paying 15¢ for offers of huge appendages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much