The cellphone backlash.

I read an interesting article a couple of days ago about cellphone companies believing they need to add more content, more gadgets and more features to cellphones in order to sell them. Problem is, for a growing percentage of consumers, me included, that's the last thing we want. (Original story)
See, the thing is - and stop me if this sounds odd - to prompt me to buy a cellphone, it would need two basic features.
1. It should be cheap - any contract should be $9 a month or less and give me a couple of thousand minutes. By the time all the US taxes and fees get added on, that will still be over $20 a month.
2. And this is the kicker - it should be a phone.

Now I know that sounds weird. But believe it or not, I could give a flying fuck about ringtones, colour screens, bazillions of menus, shitty cameras, poorly designed organisers and awful text messaging. I want a phone and nothing else.
So I guess industry is in trouble with people like me then, because the more shit they add to the phones, the less I, and a growing number of people like me, want them.
Who knew? A phone that's actually a phone? What next? British Airport Authority turning UK airports into airports instead of poorly designed shopping malls?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The non-separation of the LDS church and Utah state.

Employees don't want much